Wednesday, May 20, 2009

day one

Well boredom has overtaken me and i am joining the cyber world, kicking and screaming, leaving bloody broken fingernails along the way. People say, why blog? why spend your time, why put your thought out there? why not I reply, they are not doing me any good rolling around inside my head, clogging up important space i need to store baseball statistics and music references from the 70's/90's and the new era. Why the crazy title Bruce? Because i love to cook, have been doing so for thirty years, most of them professionally and make some rather interesting stuff. Everyday someone will ask me what I am making for dinner, or what i had last night and they always say "yum", or really? and give me that same quizical look my dog used to give, turning his head sideways and rolling his eyes back into his head when I asked him if he wanted to go outside in the 10 degree weather to pee. So, if you like to cook and find you need some daily inspiration or ideas about what to make or want a good laugh, which every once in while i might just provide, this would be the Blog for you. I would love to get you started with a doosey, but tonight is not my night to cook, it is my room mates, we take turns, or at least try to and last week i pulled a few double duties, so she is on deck. For the time being we will just call my roomie JM, until she gives me permission to add her name to this daily diatribe. I do believe however that tonight is going to be some grilled steak, not sure of the cut, most likely to be rubbed with some Red Chili spice from Chimayo NM, the finest red chili i have ever come across, which i have shipped to me from a lovely family owned shop called Milagosso Mercaditio, at this writing they still have no web site, but i would be happy to pass along a phone number and mailing address to anyone who loves flavor over heat, but enjoys a good burn on the side. Aside from Red and Green chili powder they make the best spice mix i have come across, which shines on Fish/Poultry and anything with feet. I am sure some grilled jalapenos and veggies will accompany this meal as well as a garden salad, which graces my table on most evenings. OK, so lets eat and see what this brings for us, the future awaits and there is plenty to eat, come hungry and come often.

2 comments:

  1. ROCK ON! I will sit at your table ANY NIGHT! Would love to hook up again with the Chimayo folks when I get stateside. That stuff is FABULOUSO!

    roamingjodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This man will rock your culinary world and though will likely downplay any high praise, deserves it. Lucky enough to have sat at the table and devoured his creations I can attest to the worthiness of this blog and will watch it with the same intensity and curiousity normally reserved for alternate activities. Food is love in this chef's world.

    ReplyDelete